California Parents Arrested in Death of 7-Month-Old Emmanuel Haro Amid Ongoing Child Abuse Investigation

California Parents Arrested in Death of 7-Month-Old Emmanuel Haro Amid Ongoing Child Abuse Investigation

Moreno Valley, CA – Authorities in Riverside County, California, have arrested Rebecca Haro, 41, and Jake Haro, 32, in connection with the death of their 7-month-old son, Emmanuel Haro. The arrest comes just one day after law enforcement launched a child abuse investigation against the couple, who reportedly have two other young children now in the care of child protection services.

Infant Allegedly Killed, Body Still Missing

According to the Riverside County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to a report of child abuse at the Haro residence in the 23000 block of Cottonwood Avenue in Moreno Valley on August 21. Investigators said evidence gathered, including numerous interviews, search warrants, digital records, and witness testimony, indicated that Emmanuel was not kidnapped, as the parents had previously claimed, but was likely deceased.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department confirmed in a press release that the couple’s account of the alleged kidnapping contained inconsistencies, prompting their arrest.

Parents’ Story Contradicted by Eyewitness Reports

Rebecca Haro had claimed she was at a football stadium in Yucaipa with Emmanuel and her other children before going to a Big 5 Sporting Goods store to buy a mouth guard, when an alleged kidnapper attacked her. She said the attack left her with a bruised black eye, which she displayed in interviews.

Investigators and the Uvalde Foundation for Kids later determined that eyewitness accounts contradicted her story, indicating that the bruise may have been acquired before the alleged incident, and that Emmanuel was not seen at the stadium or store that day.

Haro Family’s History of Child Abuse

Court records reveal that Jake Haro has a prior conviction for felony willful child cruelty in 2018, resulting in 180 days in jail and 48 months probation. He was also ordered to complete a child abuser treatment program. The couple’s past history of child abuse adds gravity to the current investigation.

Reports from The Orange County Register state that Jake was previously involved in another case where his infant daughter suffered broken bones, highlighting a pattern of neglect and violence.

Investigation Continues as Search for Emmanuel’s Remains Ongoing

Authorities said that the search for Emmanuel’s body continues, with law enforcement focusing on locating his remains. The Haros are currently being held without bail in Riverside County, and are scheduled to appear in court Tuesday.

Daniel Chapin, founder of the Uvalde Foundation, said, “We cannot in good conscience, utilize our team and resources when so much is missing in this case… something is not right in this whole picture.”

What steps should authorities take to prevent similar cases of child abuse? Share your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *